Monday, July 20, 2009

Berry Cookie Cobbler

I belong to a Mommy group that does a ton of fun things through the year. This past weekend, we had our annual Family Picnic. Everyone brings something and we purchase fried chicken. It’s a great day of relaxed fun at a park. The kids run wild (and sleep great that night), the husbands get to know one another a bit more and usually entertain the children for us. We all get to hang out, eat and chat.

This year I made a berry/Cookie Cobbler.

I told Ashley I was going to post this for 4th of July. Good thing I sent her the recipe early. ;-)


Ingredients:

2 bags frozen berries (your choice, you can get mixed or try different things. This last time I used 1 bag blueberries and 1 bag dark pitted cherries) thawed (Let them sit in a strainer in the sink for a while until they are thawed).
1 can pie filling (apple or cherry works nicely)
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 roll prepared sugar cookie dough
Ice cream (To top when it is done)

Pre heat oven to 350
In a large bowl, mix berries, pie filling, sugar and cinnamon
Pour into 8x8 baking dish (You may need 2 dishes depending on what berries you get)
Crumble the cookie dough over the top, covering nicely with a few holes for the fruit to bubble through
Bake uncovered 45 minutes or 'til the cookie crust is golden.


So easy
So good.
Top with ice cream. YUM!!!!!

Here’s how we worked off the extra calories.



As for the Berry Cobbler, you can also make it in individual sizes. You can use oven safe coffee mugs or I have these cool little saucepans. I made the dessert in these once for a couple’s night we had with friends. It was cute, each couple had to share a pan.

9 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Why, why, why did you have to show me that??? Now I can't go on without it!

Also, I had NO idea you could buy dark sweet pitted cherries in frozen form. Thank you so much for that photo! I use those in a Christmas jello every year and the canned cherries are really hard to find!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ohhh Girlie! My mom use to make something like this, it was a cherry pie filling with yellow cake mix sprinkled on top then melt butter over that. Yummy!

This one my dear and those individual little cups rock, what an awesome idea.

I think I'll skip dinner and go right for desert :)

Intense Guy said...

That Berry Cobbler looks really yummy! I'd willing walking 10 miles to work off the calories from that!

:)

Teaching Heart Mom said...

mmmm.... i never got to try this... but i will save the recipe. thanks and thanks for the link on how to work it off!

Jan said...

Gee, my mouth started to water while reading this.

Excuse me, I have to go wipe drool off of my chin now...

Anonymous said...

Oh that does look good!

Stacy Uncorked said...

That looks absolutely delicious! And I love that you used those cool pans and had your guests share a pan...what a great idea!! :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Yup drooling again ... LOL

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

This looks so delicious!! - I love the mixture of fruit: blueberries, cherries & apple - wonderful!
Thanks for sharing on my blog hop.
Angie
godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com