Monday, October 18, 2010

Flavored Popcorn

I had an impromptu play date a week ago and needed some quick, fun snacks for the kids.
So why not let them “spice up” their popcorn?
This is also a fun thing to do for family movie night.

You can usually find most items already in your pantry.

Microwave popcorn
Paper bags
Spray butter (helps the flavor to stick)
Dry ranch or Italian dressing mix
Parmesan cheese
Packet of hot chocolate


After the popcorn is popped, pour it into paper bags for each flavor or for each person. Dump one flavor into each bag, close the bag and give it a good shake. (Kids love this part) You may need to use a little spray on butter to help the flavor stick to the popcorn. (I ran out of hot chocolate once and tried to use coco instead. If you need to do this, you must also add a little sugar)

If you like spicy, taco seasoning works good too.
Can you think of another way to flavor popcorn?
What do you like for a fun snack?

5 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Your tip about the spray butter is excellent and I wish I'd thought of that. I've just ended up with flavoring in the bottom of my bowl every time.

Intense Guy said...

Taco Seasoning? Hmm... I got some (well, a lot actually) that I could use. I love hot popcorn.

Usually I have it plain and just wish it was movie theater drippy with hot butter. Its better for me that way - but only half the fun!

:)

Teaching Heart Mom said...

Mmmm... To make your own version of Kettel Corn minus all the sugar. I put in 2 packets of Stevia.

Heather said...

Yummy!!! And I'm sure it all gets eaten - absolutely sure! You are the queen of entertaining!

Debbie said...

Yum! I will have to try this tonight. I love the spray idea to hold the seasonings on.