Monday, January 20, 2014

Reusable Market Tote


 
My quick weekend project this past Saturday was to hand stamp a shopping tote. I love to personalize these and give them out as gifts or better yet with something fun inside. There are so many fun things you can do with them too. I’ve put initials on several and recently I put a John Lennon quote on one for a dear friend.
As “homeroom Mom” for my son’s kindergarten class I’m organizing a gift basket for an upcoming school fundraiser and the basket theme is “What’s Cooking”. The basket will be filled with all sorts of fun cookbooks, utensils and other cooking supplies. I thought it would be nice to add a reusable shopping tote, perfect for trips to the farmers market or a quick trip to the grocery store for some fresh produce.
I used letter stamps and some fabric paint to add the words “eat fresh” and then I used an actual apple to make the apple design.




 
After I used the apple to make the shape I went back with a small brush to fill in some of the spaces. (apples aren't the most perfect "stamps"). Overall, the project was easy enough that I made two totes. One for the gift basket and the other one, I listed on my Etsy site.
 








3 comments:

Teaching Heart Mom said...

You are blogging again! Yeah! Love the bag. I have done apple prints before and they always turn out well.

Intense Guy said...

Cool! I guess you could use pears too? :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Girl I love when you come back and bring me cool things I so want to do!!

Love this bag :)