Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy 16th

That’s a sentence we say here every month. It may sound like a strange sentence at first but wait until you here why.

Once upon a time, there was a handsome prince. At the time, he was living in New Jersey (don’t fault him for that). He was visiting a neighbor/friend so they could brew some homemade beer together. While there, he noticed his friend Ralph had a photo on the refrigerator of his daughter and her friend. “Who’s the brunette?” said the prince. Just then a light bulb went off in Ralph’s head…”Hmm, that’s a friend of Jen’s, she is single…you two should meet. So they called Ralph’s daughter Jen and Jen called her friend. After a short discussion, the “OK” was given to pass the girl’s phone number along.


The girl was very busy and dealing with many things. At first she said no, the timing just wasn’t right. He asked again and finally a third time. She checked her schedule and said “Yes”. So the prince invited the girl to meet him at a sushi bar for a half blind date. (He was working from a picture). That was November 16th 1997. They hit it off so well, they decided to see each other again. After several more dates, they wanted to celebrate the joy they had found in each other. Their journey started with sushi; why not celebrate with sushi???

So for the next ump-teen years they would have sushi on the 16th of each month and wish each other a “Happy16th”. Their wedding even included a sushi toast right after the champagne toast. The girl, turned princess, would of coarse have veggie sushi during the months she was L’prego but they celebrated none-the-less. What bliss.



“Happy 16th my Love!” (for the 139th time).

9 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, that's so sweet! But the 16th isn't until tomorrow!

jewelrybyrebecca said...

Jan, I know, I was planning ahead. I'll be busy eating sushi tomorrow. ;-)

kyooty said...

That is sweet, and you met on one of my birthdays :0

Anonymous said...

How stinkin' cute is this story?!?!

Teaching Heart Mom said...

I have heard the meeting story before but did not reallize you remembered every month. That is so awesome... With kids and work we sometimes forget to think about marriage and that it really is something you need to work at to make it good. So sweet you two do that at least once a month... i love you more now!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

YEAH .... what a super sweet thing to do! I love it, and you know what I love June 16th even more because it's my birthday ... LOL :)

top by in a few hours I have a birthday gifts fo my friends and followers :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 16th ANNIVERSARY!! To my gorgeous daughter and my most favorite son-in-law (alias: the handsome prince), I wish for you both, yet another wonderful anniversay of the 16th. Enjoy your sushi along with those beautiful grandbabies that you have blessed me with! I love you all soooooo much! See you later. LOVE MIMI XOXOXOXOXO

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

that is so sweet and romantic... what a great story!

Christina-Marie Wright said...

Sweetest. Post. Ever.